My song has no melody, so I hope you like the words

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Votes have Been Counted

Fox News is calling the Delaware primary the upset of the night. And the national Republican party bosses who supported RINO Mike Castle have already thrown a temper tantrum. They decided to take their ball and go home by announcing that they will not support the winner of tonight's primary.

Wow! They didn't even wait an hour to make the announcement, which means that decision was already made.

Mr. Castle is pro-abortion, and voted for cap and trade as well as most of the rest of President Obama's agenda. I heard him state at a public meeting that he doesn't worry about the US Constitution, because the courts 'take care of that.' Christine O'Donnell may not be a great candidate, but my only option today was someone who thinks his political party is more important than life or his nation's founding documents.

Now the race to Election Day in November. I think O'Donnell is going to surprise the 'conventional wisdom' folks. She has enthusiastic support from the Tea Party Express, Sarah Palin, and Jim DeMint's PAC. This is a mid-year election, which means that turnout will be low in general and particularly among disengaged Democrats. A majority of Delaware Republicans are fired up, and I think even those who voted for Castle tonight will hold their noses and vote for O'Donnell in November.


Her opponent is a well-known and liked Democrat, but when I met him several years ago he set off my "creep meter" alarms, so even if I was a Democrat I couldn't vote for him. He is likely to win even without my help, but I don't think it will be as easy as the pundits are claiming tonight.

Even if O;Donnell gets trounced in November, I am glad Castle is out. We need to 'retire' more career politicians and send some concerned citizens to Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment