My song has no melody, so I hope you like the words

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lack of Knowledge

"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children. Hosea 4:6

You can click on the post title for a link to take the quiz used in the survey by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. There are questions on world religions, but quite a bit of it is based on facts from the Bible.

It saddened me to learn how few of my Christian brothers and sisters knew such rudimentary facts. Even worse, atheists and agnostics did considerably better. These words from Hosea strike painfully close to home tonight. The average score among Americans and Protestants was 50%. Many people who called themselves Christians could not even name the 4 Gospels in the New Testament, or correctly identify that the 'Golden Rule' is not actually one of the Ten Commandments.

Lord, please give us a hunger for your truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment