My song has no melody, so I hope you like the words

Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall Viewed in a Frame

Its been too long since I posted here. I hope you enjoy the view from my window...
Acorns leaching brown on new cement
Leaves curled cold by frost’s first kiss
Bright mums rounded yellow
In clay planters by the door
All seen through the breach
Framed in rectangles of glass
Trace of grass lying fallow
Mustiness of leaves
Gentle scents that seep inside
Announcing shorter days
Damp and fog now spreading tendrils
Of warming mist across the ground
Morning in a world at dusk
The sun is glowing gold

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love fall! Thanks, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading here :-) Fall is definitely my favorite time of year, the season I missed most while living out west.

      Delete