My song has no melody, so I hope you like the words

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Unexpected

My dear daughter-in-law was in a car accident last night. She is going to be okay. Both of those facts were unexpected, a surprise to me but not to God. I've seen photos of the car, and can't believe she walked away with nothing more than a concussion and some bruises. Our families held a vigil at the emergency room, talking and praying and grateful for the comfort of each others presence.

Most of all, today I am grateful for the reminder of God's eternal presence and care in our lives, as described in Psalm 77:23:
"But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds. "


More than ever, God is my refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment