My song has no melody, so I hope you like the words

Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter Trees

Driving around this week I couldn't help but notice the beauty of the barren trees. Even in this cold winter with no snow to make a shiny white wonderland, God's world provides a lovely view. Lord, help me never take for granted your beauty that surrounds me!

Winter Trees

Shades of gray across an arctic sky
Streaked by silver-tinted clouds
As they reflect the winter sun
Now a canvas for nature’s lace
Flowing up from frozen earth
Looking from my grounded place
My eyes are heaven bound
Graceful etchings dark and twisted
Define the middle view
Random branches, stems and seeds
Twist and turn in ways carefree
Not bound by rules or lines
All to form wild tapestries
Across the frigid sky

No comments:

Post a Comment