My song has no melody, so I hope you like the words

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Do Not Grow Weary

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

Once again its been too long since my last post here. I've been distracted by things going on around me, and allowed it to drain my energy. The Lord woke me this morning with a reminder of these words from Galatians, and I thought I was getting the point, that I'm not supposed to give up.

Then a dear young man called me, someone who is pouring out his very life to serve others in circumstances more difficult than most of us can imagine. Yet he spoke of knowing that his value and worth comes from God, and not from the things he does. I was ashamed to realize how small and insignificant are the things I do to try and earn God's acceptance. I needed the reminder that those small things do matter, and will have eternal consequences, but they don't change God's love for me one bit.

Experiencing His abiding love fills me with joy, and that joy in turn gives me strength. God has a purpose for each of our lives, and gives all we need to accomplish His will. I can avoid the despair of weariness by reminding myself of His great love. I can do good by sharing that love with those around me. And I can choose not to grow weary in doing that good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment